This article also available in: Russian
Recently, for my current project on Bitbacket I decided to connect the issue tracking system like Youtrack or Jira.
Bitbacket is a free service of version control that supports Git and Mercurial.
It is very friendly and easy to use bug tracker. In addition, if you desire, you may connect additional free Wikipedia engine.
The system has a flexible search and filters. Of the minuses – I did not find where you can create your own filters, but built in is well enough for work.
For each task you can set options:
- Assignee – who is working on this task
- Type – bag, task, proposal or improvement
- Priority – task priority
- Status – issue status: done, in progress, on hold, open
- Component – List specified in the settings, for example: UI, Design, Gameplay, Network etc.
- Milestone – List specified in the settings, for example: FPP, FPP with network, Pre Aplha, Alpha, Beta etc.
- Version – any numbers of version specified in the settings
- Votes – Task votes from all guys in your team
Here’s how the system looks like at the example of one of my current project.
In addition, you may download the client Source Tree convenient to work with git and synchronize it with Bitbacket. After this action issues would be connected to related git commit.